As we’re all about to embark on 2013, I want to reflect a little on 2012. The past year has been one of the most exciting and most challenging years of my life. Full of ups, downs, twists and turns!
2012: What happened?
- Recovered from a severely broken wrist
- Started a business
- Graduated from College
- Started dating an amazing girl
- Experienced NOLA, several beaches, The North East, and planned a semi-move to Hawaii.
- Made many new friends
- Broke Old habits
- Discovered a new desire to learn! I now frequent Code Academy, Team Treehouse, and several other daily blogs.
I did these things by discovering a passion (working with multimedia online), and then surrounding myself with positive people and situations. I believe it’s The Departed where they say, “You’re a product of your environment.” I’ve found this to be incredibly true in the last year. Of course, I also took a lot of chances and worked incredibly hard over the past year. Starting a business upon graduating college has proved to be one of the most challenging, and most rewarding experiences of my life.
For 2013 I have a few goals in mind… On January 2nd, I’m semi-moving to the North Shore of Oahu. That’s a big step.
- Use my web skills to develop some passive income with a niche website. Domains have been purchased… And this niche website has a lot to do with my trip to Hawaii!
- Create at least a 15 minute film on my trip to the North Shore.
- Release one surfing photo per day.
- Blog more
- Design more
- Take more photos and make more videos
- Network more.
- Publicly release a WordPress plugin. I’ve made many, but I haven’t submitted any to the public directory.
- Enjoy life more.
I’ve created a pretty specific list of goals for this year. I’ve kept these goals specific so that I can easily measure my success. Goals such as “working out more” are easy to lose track of, and are really hard to measure. I want to see growth that I can measure in my life. 2012 was full of so much growth, and I’m stoked to see what 2013 will bring.